Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday

I will definitely show pictures when more progress happens with the rooms. I'm glad you liked everything! We are having Zach's room painted in a few weeks so we will also have the shelves, desk and window seats painted our trim color. 

Love these pictures of the boys.
 They were making big plans under this blanket. ; )
This weekend we focus on Jesus' death and celebrate His resurrection. Tonight we went to a Good Friday service at our church. It was very powerful. The music and the message. The truth of what Jesus went through on the cross for you and me.

Tonight our pastor said, "Jesus turned into every wrong you will ever commit." Wow.

It's fun to have cute spring clothes for the boys and dye eggs and go to egg hunts, but none of those things last or satisfy for long. Jesus died for you and me and rose again. This is what Easter is about. He's alive. He's my hope. The reason I know I will see Reese again and spend eternity in Heaven. 

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

Have a wonderful weekend celebrating the cross!

For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility...

Ephesians 2:14

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

well said ! AMEN

Lauren said...

Amen sister! Happy Easter weekend!! Can't wait to see the finished product in Zach's room!

Becky said...

'Jesus turned into every wrong you will ever commit.' How can I even begin to fathom that? That statement moves me. Thank you, Katie, for reminding me of His great love in a very personal way.

Leanne said...

Katie, Daddy put together and played all of the music at Janie's memorial service, and "Because He Lives" was the song we closed with. Whew! You know, sometimes I haven't been able to sing a line of that song.....

But thank you for the reminder. My soul knows it to be the absolute truth and I'm grateful!!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved