Thursday, March 14, 2013

A Few Reese Stories

These boys mean the world to me. I'm so glad GOD gave them to us. They make me want to be the best mom I can be!
I blog about them all the time, but tonight I wanted to share a few things about their sister Reese. I also want to look back one day and see how GOD continues to work through her life.

*A mom emailed to share about her son Parker who went to Heaven in her arms just like Reese did...


"He was so peaceful and went to heaven to be with all the other angels who are already there.


I just wanted you to know that as this was happening I was telling him that he was ok and that there were other angels there waiting to take care of him. While I've never met you, I wanted you to know I told him Reese was one of the angels he should find and that she would take care of him and become one of his friends. 

I can only hope that your little girl has been taking care of Parker since he arrived with the Lord. I have several other friends/family/blogs I have read of people that have lost babies. I told Parker about all of them. I can imagine all of these little angels up there having the best of times together!"  


*One of Reese's NICU nurses emailed to tell me about our local March for Babies this spring. 

"I am a NICU nurse at Willow Creek and had the honor 
of taking care of your sweet Reese while she was there. I stumbled on your blog shortly after she passed and have been a follower ever since! I love seeing the things you do in honor of Reese and we always enjoy 
passing out the adorable headbands and bows... I have been a NICU nurse for 10 years now and Reese's story has touched me like      none other. I was so honored to have met her and be given the    opportunity to take care of her."  

Her words immediately brought me to tears because not many people met or held Reese. To think how a stranger cared for her, touched her, and loved on her just makes me want to be around her because of her connection with Reese.

*Last week a woman at the gym came up to me and asked how I had met a mutual friend of ours. I don't know her very well, but she's so sweet. She immediately started crying and apologized for something she said to me last summer. She had recently found out about Reese and remembered (jokingly) asking me months ago if I wanted all the girls she was taking care of (her daughters and her nieces).

I couldn't believe it. That she would be so sensitive and remember such a small in passing comment to me. I assured her she hadn't hurt my feelings because I would have loved to take the girls!


She was truly upset, and her thoughtfulness blessed me so much. It amazes me how kind-hearted people are!


All of these stories are very different but each includes Reese. They remind me of GOD's faithfulness and His goodness. His timing is perfect!



I will sing the LORD's praise, for He has been good to me.

Psalm 13:6

13 comments:

ashley said...

Beautiful! Keep posting about that precious baby girl! She made a lasting impression on many and will never be forgotten. It's sweet to read how the Lord has allowed you to make connections through her and because of her. Love you friend!

Jill said...

I love this.

Elizabeth said...

:) I always love how positive you are...it helps me to try to be the same! Hugs.

Becky said...

I enjoy hearing about Reese. Yesterday we went to a viewing for an amazing man who loved the Lord. The large crowd evidenced the many lives he touched in his 86 years. Reese had only a few short days and her little life continues to bless and encourage. Perhaps in ways you will only know about once you meet again for eternity. Eternity. Not the mere days and years we have here on earth.

Mandy said...

Beautiful stories. I love talking about her and hearing about the many ways she has touched and CHANGED so many people's lives. Amazing. Love you!

Andrea said...

Lovely, beautiful post. Reese is such a blessing as your boys are as well. :)

Mer said...

LOVE. That's amazing that you would be in contact with someone who took care of her. Love you!

Allison said...

What a blessing, glad you share such wonderful stories about your precious little girl!

Jennifer said...

Love stories like that!

Shannon said...

Wow. So amazing about the nurse. It makes ME want to be around her just because she touched Reese and took care of her. I can only imagine how it makes you feel. Love you!

Lauren said...

This is just beautiful and made me tear up!!!! Love you, friend!!

Shannon said...

Katie, thank you for your post. Our daughter was born and went to heaven almost 9 months ago. When I went to a memorial service at the funeral home the director was there and he was the last person who held (one of the only people!) Ella. It was a connection with him that I will never forget and I just wanted to stand near him (in a non creepy way!) I'm so glad our babies are in heaven and that their lives are still and will continue to touch others.

MG said...

Although we've never met, I love your posts about Reese! Thank you for sharing her with us on your blog.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved