Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pictures, Weekend & Recipe

Lisa took Colson's 18 month pictures a few weeks ago and has a sneak peek on her blog. She did a wonderful job as always! Colson was a bit of a disaster that morning so I was really worried. His hair was crazy, and he was just not happy. That's life though, right? ; )


Z has loved having Jason and me to himself, and whenever I ask if he misses Colson he says, "No" although I know deep down he does. ; )
 He was all smiles this morning before church. I've had a fun weekend lovin' on my little man.
For all your bread lovers out there, here is my mom's homemade bread recipe. Delicious!


2 cups milk
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup Crisco
2 pkg. yeast into 1/4 cup lukewarm water


Heat enough to melt shortening. Pour into crock and add 2 cups cold water. When lukewarm, pour in yeast mixture and add enough flour to make batter (around 6 cups).


Let rise (45 - 60 minutes)


Add to first mixture - 
5 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder


Combine and add a little flour (1/2 cup). Stir well and add enough flour to make stiff dough (1 to 2 cups of flour). Put a couple of large mixing spoonfuls in each greased pan. Let rise.


Brush with melted butter. Bake in oven 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Turn down to 300 and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Makes 3 to 4 loaves.


If you have any specific questions please feel free to email me. ; )


So don't throw away your confidence...


Hebrews 10:35

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Precious pictures, as always!!!

The Rohman Family said...

I can't WAIT to try that bread! I meant to comment a few posts back...I know you've said before that those Rowe genes are strong, but I think Z favors your mom quite a bit ;) That was a precious picture of the two of them.

Sarah said...

Cutest little boy ever (you know, besides MY boy...hehehe)!!!

Linds said...

awww, that picture of you and Z melts my heart!

Mary said...

You're boys are adorable! Can I ask where you got your necklace. I love it!

Emily said...

Cute pics!! Adorable family!!

I nominated you for a versatile blogger award on my blog!

www.nationsnest.blogspot.com

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved