Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sugar & Spice

Jason and I celebrated Valentine's Day Monday night by going out to eat and to a movie. We wanted to beat the crowds. ; )
 On Valentine's Day we met our small group friends to pass out cards at a retirement/nursing home. It was a sweet time, and the kids were precious. Z always makes me laugh by saying everything on his mind with his loud voice! Ah I'm in trouble. ; )
The kids loved it. The older people loved it. I know we'll go back again.
Jason gave me a box of chocolate turtles on Valentine's Day. Anyone else just love these little bites of perfection? 


They are some of my very very favorite things, and I only let him give them to me once a year. They can't stay in my house because I have to eat them all immediately. I tried not to eat each one on V Day, so I finished them off yesterday. ; ) 


I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.


John 10:11

7 comments:

Melanie Mueller said...

That is a great idea to go to the nursing home! I bet those sweet residents loved seeing your handsome boy coming!
Oh and I totally understand about the Turtles. So yummy and hard to resist!!

Unknown said...

Your small group has a great heart!
We have a Christmas tradition of giving my mom a box of turtles every year! It started as a gift from my dad and since he has passed away I keep the tradition going :) sometimes I give her two boxes cause I know i'll eat a lot of them too, ha!

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Katie - my hubby and I did the very same thing (go out on Monday to avoid the crowds). We even went to eat early, I think we were the youngest people at Reb Loster, ha ha! Your boys are just precious. And yes, turtles are dangerous in my house too.

Have a wonderful day!

Mara said...

I'm still waiting on your diet/exercise post... Until then I'll just keep eating my Turtles:))

Becky said...

With my mom in the nursing home, I have loved seeing my grandchildren minister to the seniors! One will be old enough to go to camp and I told her I would put 10.00 towards each hour of service that she does for someone. At 8, she can read so sometimes she reads to the residents, she sometimes makes them a little craft, etc. I KNOW how much those folks loved seeing your crew!

Maria said...

Definitely a good idea to beat the crowds! And that little group of preciousness would be the best thing to see on Valentines Day. So sweet! Now I gotta go get some discount Turtles :)

Kim said...

Katie...

Isn't it so precious going to the nursing home for V-day!? Our small group went last year and it was SUCH a blessing. Imagine the stories that make up that place. I just love the elderly, and hearing them retell stories from their life is something I have always loved.

Anyhow, precoius pictures. And glad you and Jason beat the crowd. We stayed in with 3 sick kiddos. ;)

:) Kim

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved