1. Our crepe myrtles are blooming bright. So pretty.
We weren't always sure they were going to make it, but my dad works his magic on them a few times a year. ; )
2. I'm so behind with my emails. Please know I read every single one more than once, and I will email you back! I am LOVING being with my boys this summer, but you know what else is getting done? Jack squat. ; )
3. There is nothing much sweeter than this.
4. I'm pretty sure it's time for me to get a big floppy sun hat. We are at the pool almost every day, and my sunglasses just aren't cutting it. My eyes are getting tired from all my squinting. Ha.
5. Recently I read on another hope mom's blog something I wish I had written because it explains my heart so well.
"Do you know that we were loved so well when she fell asleep? Christ in one thousand faces. And remembering how people loved, ached and questioned too...it makes me ache. There are things I didn't know...people prayed and cried and questioned. For us! For her! Just to know that for a time others knew and felt...I feel less alone."
Ever since I read this I keep thinking how Jason and I have truly seen Christ in one thousand faces the past four years. Whether it's through someone's words, emails, texts, calls or a hug. Nothing compares to the body of Christ.
Enjoy your weekend!
For as the sufferings of Christ overflow to us, so through Christ our comfort also overflows.
2 Corinthians 1:5