Saturday, January 5, 2013

Salsa Recipe

A few of you have asked about my salsa recipe, and I'm happy to share. A sweet woman I used to work with gave me the recipe. So easy! I like to make it at Christmas for gifts as a break from all the sweets. ; ) I've used it so much the paper now looks like this. This recipe has a lot of love!
I put the salsa in glass pint or quart jars from Wal-Mart or Target, put a label on the top, and tie a ribbon around the lid. That's it!

Salsa ~

Blend in blender

1 large can diced tomatos
2 cans of rotel
1 TBS. garlic
1 TBS. lime/lemon juice
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. cilantro
1/4 cup onion
Salt & pepper to taste
1 capful of olive oil

You can also double the recipe. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance.

Psalm 65:11

10 comments:

Linds said...

YUMMM! There's nothing like fresh salsa and thin cantina chips :) Hope you have a good weekend!

Karen said...

Do you seal the jars? If not, what is the shelf life fOr it unopened or do you just refrigerate it? Thanks ~ sounds yummy!

Kelly said...

May I ask how many jars this recipe makes? Thanks!! :-)

The Graham Family said...

What is Rotel???

Katie said...

Karen, I do not seal the jars, and I immediately refrigerate them. This recipe is a lot for just Jason and me, so I give some away when I make it for us. I'm not sure of the shelf life because we eat it within a few days. ; )

Kelly, this recipe I posted makes about 3 1/2 quart jars.

Graham family, rotel is a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies, packed in its own juice.

Rachel said...

Is this spicy? Or more sweet? I can only handle mild salsa:-)

kellyfamily said...

For the 1 TBS of Garlic, do you use fresh, or can you used minced? Sounds delicious! Might have to make it tomorrow :)

Kelly said...

Wonderful! Thanks!! :)

Katie said...

Rachel, every batch is different (I have no idea why!), but it tends to be on the spicy or hot side. Not too hot though. I would probably say medium.

Kellyfamily, I have used both minced and fresh garlic. It doesn't matter at all!

Unknown said...

This sounds great! I love salsa (but my hubby doesn't) so I'm definitely going to have to give this a try next time we have a get together with friends :)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved