Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Reese's Gifts

My family is the best. They are so thoughtful and surprise me (even though I shouldn't be!) every year at Christmas time with special things they do for and in honor of Reese.
I love this keychain with the little angel wing and put my key on it as soon as we got home.
Donations were made to

*Esther's House
*Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep
*Arbor Day Foundation 
*This group's identity could not be shared, they but they are "a team of Christians in East Asia who advocate for and minister to abandoned children who have disabilities."
Angel ornaments
Angel wing tags
Blankets and bows to be donated to the NICU

I hope this encourages you if you are thinking of doing something for a friend or family member who has lost a baby. Big or small, it does not matter. Trust me, it means the world! 

Happy New Year!

...for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord's.

Romans 14:7-8

6 comments:

Amy said...

Your family rocks! What awesome gestures.

Becky said...

Katie - since you mentioned the 'Cradled' ministry several months ago, a dear friend and I have been able to send several boxes of 'wraps' and little caps. I love what your family does in Reese's honor. I know the NICU families are also thrilled with the gifts. (We have four grandchildren that spent several weeks in the NICU)

DianeTaylor said...

Hi Katie omg these gifts in honor of your precious baby girl made me cry. My family and friends honored my son Jonathan on this first holiday without him in special ways too. It was a rough holiday but their love for Jonathan amazed me so much. He died on March 1st in a fire and was only 24. You are so right....the little things people do in his memory mean the most to me. May God bless you in 2013 with peace and light and family cuddles.

Diane T

Colleen said...

What a beautful way to honor Reese! I know firsthand how much the little things matter to you. My daughter Melissa lived only 8 1/2 hours. She would be 23 years old this April. I have spent those 23 years helping bereaved parents and have run a Share support group for almost 11 years. Sending you a hug.

The Graham Family said...

Oh, Katie! These thoughts and gifts and donations are so touching. You are so blessed to have that wonderful family. Wow. Such great ideas. Thank you for sharing.

Karen said...

Your family is amazing!! You are so right, it means the world to families who have lost babies.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved