Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big Day & Blog Book

I've been SO SO SO EXCITED to share about my sweet new nephew David. My brother and sis-in-law Meredith brought home their new son from South Korea today. We have waited for this day a long time, and he's finally here!

He is one week older than Colson, and I can't wait to meet him and see those two together. She has blogged all about their experience this past week if you're curious. ; ) Welcome home, David!

I also just received my 2011 blog book from blog2print. I love it!
 I know, I know, it's June right? Ha! I had to make a few changes so it's been a work in progress.
 These are all of my books printed out since I began blogging in March '08. Zach was about four months old. That seems like forever ago!
 They just keep getting longer and longer. ; )
The layout is clean and simple. There are a few options for your pages, but I like it as close to how my blog looks as I can get.
It's amazing to look back. Hopefully one day our boys will read about their lives when they were young and all the changes we've been through. All the experiences we've faced. I want them to know all about their sister, and how what they are doing now keeps me moving forward. And just maybe they will better understand me, too.

I'm so thankful you're a part of our journey!

You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need, His generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus.

Philippians 4:19

11 comments:

Samantha said...

I love the idea of a book!!! I started blogging in July of last year. I was wondering if it is a lot of work and how much does it cost? Yours are beautiful!

Congrats on the new addition to your family. I have been reading about their journey on their blog :)

Hillary said...

LOVE the book! I really need to order mine. I laugh all the time and say that my blog is for my future daughter-in-laws :). My boys will probably never care but their wives will!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

xoxox

Summer said...

Katie, Congrats on your new nephew!! I didn't know Meredith had a blog! I will have to go say hi! OMG I love the bloggy books! I am going to start printing ours out...it's taken me this long lol...I have a ways to go!

love you
Summer

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing about your Blog Book !!! I hadn't ever heard of doing this. I think it's a great idea ! I'm going to check it out and order one .

Karinny said...

Do you also print the comments?

Elizabeth said...

I get mine published every year or so too...it's so nice to have and look back!! Can't wait to hear more about the adoption...we want to do that one day.

Lindsey said...

I just saw this post and thought it would be great to have copies to give to your son's wives when they get married.

We are having our first baby and my MIL just gave me my husband's baby book and it was so great to read since there's a lot in there I wouldn't have even thought to ask my MIL about! It is my favorite thing right now and I have paged through it many times! It was probably the best gift she could have given me!

The Rohman Family said...

My husband gave me 2 blog books for Christmas this past year. Each started with the birth of one of our boys and was 1 year in length. How AWESOME was that for a gift?

Mara said...

I think your blog books are awesome. That way you don't have to worry if gmail ever went out of business, lol. I would blog, but our life is just not exciting and when it is exciting...I just want to relax afterward. BUT I love your blog. You always put things so well, include God & you should be very proud of your blog:)

Kimberley said...

i love it! i need to do this!!

Ashley said...

LOVE blog2print, best thing ever! Love your books. My children look through the daily. I figure it is a good investment (because I spend about $100 on each book also) because I have all my pictures, kid stories and memories in that book.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved