Sunday, January 24, 2010

Name

I will always remember the first time I signed a card after Reese went to Heaven. As I signed our names I realized I will never sign "Love, Jason, Katie, Zach, & Reese." This was just the first of many hard realities that I began to face this year. I'm sure I'll sign her name on some cards to my family and friends because I know they'll understand. ; )

Someone did recently give me the idea to write "Remembering Reese" on certain holidays cards, and I think it's great.

I recently received an email that said, "Dear Jason, Katie, Zach, Reese, and Baby #3." This person has no idea what this means to me that she included her. I fully know and understand that Reese is not here, but she will always be a part of our family. I stared and stared at it and will leave it on my phone until it deletes the email for being there too long. ; )

I am always so touched how you incorporate Reese in your encouraging words to me. You probably aren't even aware of what asking a simple question about Reese or just letting me know you are thinking about her means to me. Everything! GOD is good to lift me up with big things like this that may seem so small to you.


And brought you forth on the day you were born.

Psalm 71:6

No comments:

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved