1. I have loved having this "extra" week in November. Since Thanksgiving was early this year I feel like we have more time to celebrate Christmas and let it linger. ; )
2. The boys helped me decorate our tree this week. We completely changed it up this year. Instead of using our sentimental ornaments I went generic. The main reason being was the boys accidentally break some every year which leaves me in tears, and it's just not good. Kind of puts a damper on the Christmas spirit.
So I bought non-breakable ornaments, and they are pretty and perfect! I don't know why I haven't done this before. I did mix in Reese's of course and a few other special ones.
Ornaments tend to group at the bottom when a 2 and 5 year old help. ; )
3. It's been so much fun driving the boys around at night to see Christmas lights.
4. Colson has had RSV this week so we've been at the house mainly doing breathing treatments three times a day. He's been doing really well with them, thank goodness! In the past it's been a big struggle, and I usually end up sweating from holding him down. Bless his heart!
5. I am having a hard time with the colder weather and the days getting shorter. I do love this time of year and all that it means, but the darkness makes me a little crazy, too. Is anyone else this way?
6. I think I've accepted that Colson is trying to stop napping. Zach napped until he was almost 4, so I never thought Colson would stop this soon. He still naps two or three times a week, but definitely not every day. Hopefully it's a phase. ; )
7. I love the song by Jonny Diaz, "Scars." It's beautiful.
Hope you have a good weekend!
...fear the LORD and worship Him in sincerity and truth.