Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Thoughts


1. I have loved having this "extra" week in November. Since Thanksgiving was early this year I feel like we have more time to celebrate Christmas and let it linger. ; )

2. The boys helped me decorate our tree this week. We completely changed it up this year. Instead of using our sentimental ornaments I went generic. The main reason being was the boys accidentally break some every year which leaves me in tears, and it's just not good. Kind of puts a damper on the Christmas spirit.
 So I bought non-breakable ornaments, and they are pretty and perfect! I don't know why I haven't done this before. I did mix in Reese's of course and a few other special ones. 
 Ornaments tend to group at the bottom when a 2 and 5 year old help. ; )

3. It's been so much fun driving the boys around at night to see Christmas lights.

4. Colson has had RSV this week so we've been at the house mainly doing breathing treatments three times a day. He's been doing really well with them, thank goodness! In the past it's been a big struggle, and I usually end up sweating from holding him down. Bless his heart!
5. I am having a hard time with the colder weather and the days getting shorter. I do love this time of year and all that it means, but the darkness makes me a little crazy, too. Is anyone else this way?

6. I think I've accepted that Colson is trying to stop napping. Zach napped until he was almost 4, so I never thought Colson would stop this soon. He still naps two or three times a week, but definitely not every day. Hopefully it's a phase. ; )

7. I love the song by Jonny Diaz, "Scars." It's beautiful.

Hope you have a good weekend!

...fear the LORD and worship Him in sincerity and truth.

Joshua 24:14

9 comments:

ThirstyGirl said...

I always feel encouraged when I read your blog. I mostly just lurk. But I wanted to take the time to tell you today.

KnottedFingers said...

Poor Sick boy :( My youngest when sick has to have breathing treatments every 4 hours so I feel for you

Christy said...

Praying Colson feels better soon.

Becky said...

We always put generic/plastic decorations around the tree in our bay window. I have a german shepherd that literally spins it around when he runs to the window. Gotta love little people who make sure the bottom is decorated. Hope your 'littlest people' feels better soon.

The Anglin Family said...

I pray C feels better soon! Bless him!

I love this time of the year and wouldn't change it, but I def struggle a little with shorter days and colder weather. I just keep telling myself it'll be spring before we know it, and then it'll be beach time, ha!

Elizabeth said...

I am definitely with you on the weather! Here in Germany, the sun doesn't come up until around 8pm and it is completely dark by 5pm. And in the next couple of months, the sun won't come up until 10am and it will go down at 4pm. Talk about a damper!!

Elizabeth said...

I meant 8am...not 8pm :/

Erin said...

I am definitely feeling the same way...by the time I get off work around 5pm it's already dark. I miss warm evenings playing in the yard...keep your chin up! Tis the season....

Elizabeth said...

our tree looks exactly the same...99% of the ornaments on the bottom branches ;)

I hope Colson is all better now!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved