Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend

This weekend we did a little of this and that...

Z chillin'

He even helped me iron. Sure. ; )

I was so excited to try out this new monitor. Our other one is fading quickly, and we needed one for both Zach and Coson's rooms. So Jason set everything up and guess what? It's range reached Colson's room but not Zach's. ; ( Back to researching monitors!

A friend sent me this sweet picture of Jesus holding a baby. Isn't it wonderful? I've never seen such a descriptive picture like this of Jesus and a baby. The look on His face tells me so much. It's the face that's carried me through this past year. He knows since He is holding a baby someone on earth is not, and He does not take this lightly. I love that Jesus is cuddling Reese, I just wish I was. One day.

Zach and I went to church this morning while Jason stayed home with Colson. It's still a little too early for us to take him. Zach got RSV when he was six weeks old, so we're a bit paranoid about germs. It won't be long though. ; )

I loved not getting up at all Friday night. Nice. ; ) This will definitely be a tradition every Friday night!


But He gives greater grace...

James 4:6

10 comments:

Heather said...

I never thought about what it meant before when I would see a picture of Jesus holding a baby. You are so right. That means some mother and father are not holding their baby. Wow. I pray that we can continue to find comfort in knowing that our daughters are being held by our precious Jesus, and one day we will hold them again. I've been following your blog for awhile and am so thankful for your heart and honesty. My girls, Molly and Emily, passed away at 36 weeks, 5 days.

Jodi Lansink said...

I have that same picture of Jesus holding the baby in a frame. I got it after Jillian passed away, and it was very comforting to me to look at it.....it is a perfect representation!

Summer said...

I love the pic of Z just chillin'!! That picture of JESUS holding a baby is just beautiful!! That was so sweet of your friend to send it to you, I know it means so much!!
That is so true that Jesus holding a baby means some mother and father are not holding their baby, I have never thought about what it meant before! I know you find comfort knowing Jesus is holding Reese!!

love that pic of you and Z....

love ya sweet friend
Summer

Gwen T said...

Ironing? What's that? :)

Jill said...

Alex lets me sleep in every Saturday and Sunday morning and it's marvelous. Definitely make that a tradition! :)

Sara said...

So glad you were able to sleep all night ;)

That picture is just beautiful - I'm sure it will find a special place in your home.

I also love the one of you and Zach before church and I am still paranoid about germs. Ha!

The Allens said...

Oh my gosh! When you choose a monitor, please let me know! We need a video monitor before our second baby comes in February. We have a two-story house now and I have been wondering what to get!

Leslie said...

We never found a monitor that would work in both rooms. Ian is really our only child to have a monitor - think he is the most spoiled! I am so glad to hear you are doing so great. Your sweet family deserves it!! And you look so terrific!!!

Shannon said...

Booo on the monitors! Those looked perfect.

The Rohman Family said...

I love the picture of Jesus holding the baby. It's almost like He is smelling the baby's hair, just soaking up all the things we love about babies, too. Precious!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved