Thursday, February 25, 2010

Westin's Church Shower

Thank you for your sweet words and excitement for us. I love your thoughts about Reese remaining the princess and angel she was always meant to be. Very very true.

Jason and I are still thinking of names. Well, at least he is! With Zach and Reese I read through a baby name book (even though we loved those names I had to be sure), so I'm letting Jason decide this time. ; )

Shannon's small group shower was so much fun Sunday afternoon at our house. I have been so excited about it! I wanted it to be fabulous for her. We had a great turnout despite the cold and rain. Young moms get out no matter what for a little break. ; )

The hostesses with Shannon

Jill, Helga, Lindsey, Shannon, me, Jennifer, Desty, & Abby
Guess how much candy is in each jar?!

A few gifts

I love this iron stroller. I borrowed it from my mom, and Zach enjoyed pushing it around saying, "choo-choo train."

My favorite part of the shower...little bites of perfection. ; )

Delicious punch

I am so ready for warm weather I went with a spring themed centerpiece in an iron basket. Shannon reminded me that Westin is due this spring, so it worked well!
The table with some of the goodies

Shannon received many wonderful gifts for Westin. He is going to love all of his toys and look precious in his little outfits. Not much longer until he arrives...I can't wait!


...seasons of refreshing may come from the presence of the LORD.

Acts 3:19

20 comments:

carissa said...

what a beautiful shower!!! katie, you look gorgeous, by the way!

Crystal said...

Such a cute shower! I love all the decorations!!!

Summer said...

What a beautiful shower! You my friend are a fab hostess! I love the container the punch is in! I'm sure it has a fancy shmancy name but I can't think of it right now LOL.... I love all the food and goodies! That iron stroller is sooo cute! I like that Z thought it was a choo choo train! You look soooo beautiful by the way! Love the centerpiece too!

Have a great day
Summer :0)

Mary Madeline said...

Hi Katie, I've never left a comment before, but I read your blog all the time!! You have such a beautiful family!!! The shower looked beautiful!! Where did you get the punch container?? I love it!!
Mary

Donna said...

Katie,
What a precious sister you are to Shannon! I know you must have had lots of fun with the shower...Everything looked beautiful! I love the paper on those gifts!
Hope you have a wonderful day.
Blessings to you~

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Beautiful shower!

Todd and Courtney said...

You look so pretty!!! Thanks for the plane info too!

Jill said...

Beautiful shower!! I'm so ready for spring too. :)

Have a great day, girl!

julie & joe said...

You girls throw such beautiful showers! I miss that kind of southern hospitality!!! Such a blessing to have so many friends to help all of you celebrate.

Lauren said...

Such a sweet shower!! Beautiful! :)

Tracy said...

What a nice group and the house was decorated beautifully! Hey, I would love to know the punch recipe. Can you share? We are doing a shower for my Sis-in-Law soon and it looked really good! You could just email it to me if you don't mind :) You were so sweet to have that shower. I know it gets a little easier to do things like that, but hard still, I am sure. Can't wait to see what name Jason picks! You are so brave! :) I am sure it will be great! At least when I was naming kids after the first, I just stayed in the "A" section!!

Amy Prikazsky said...

The shower looks beautiful! So happy for you:)

Brittany said...

A beautiful shower for a beautiful person!

I love that drink dispenser!

Bridgit said...

Ok ...I'm always checking out the food ...is that a corn salsa/dip with the chips?

Shannon said...

It was all PERFECT! I loved every minute of it.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Wow... everything looks SO pretty! All the little touches make such a big difference. What a wonderful celebration!

Beth Priest said...

Looks sooo sweet!

Kelly said...

The centerpiece was lovely, as was everything else. You guys did a great job.

I'm so very, very happy everything is going well with you. You do look great.

Courtney said...

What a beautiful shower. I would love to know where you got the iron flower planter, I have been looking for something similar to that to use for a shower that I am hosting this spring.

Holly said...

What precious friends! You girls are beautiful-Westin is already blessed to have all of you! : )

Katie-thanks, we are excited! : )

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved