Tuesday, February 16, 2010

V-Day Fun


This keychain was my present to Jason for Valentine's Day. I wanted him to have something with Reese's name on it that he could wear or carry with him, so I decided this would be perfect. I ordered it to be two inches long, so that's why it looks a little different than the one on Lisa's website. He likes it, too. I got points. ; )

Ummm...so where did my chocolate pecan turtles go!? I was supposed to enjoy them all week. Jason doesn't like nuts, and I had hidden them from Z. Oh, I forgot I ate most of them Valentine's Day. I have a good excuse, right? I definitely got a stomach ache, but it was so worth it. I guess Jason doesn't mind me gaining the pounds since he gave them to me. ; ) I love being much more secure in my body than I used to be. Bring on the chocolate!

Anyone do the Great Date Experiment?! The questions were great. Since we know each other pretty well after 14 years (!!), it's fun to throw some crazy and serious questions into the mix on a date.

P.S. I love your questions. You can probably tell I'm open about little and big things. ; ) If I haven't answered in a blog post, you may want to email me. Sometimes I'm better at answering questions through email. ; )


For He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are dust.

Psalm 103:14

21 comments:

Kelley said...

Hey my friend ~
Looks like you had a sweet Valentine's day. The keychain is a great idea...and the turtles, yum yum. Loved the pixs of Z too. I've got so much to write (as usual) but for now, this will do...just want you to know I'm thinking of you and praying for you, as always.
Love ya!
Kelley

Kelley said...

Oh yeah, I meant to ask...so did you scream out in public that your hubby is hot? If so, you got to tell :)
Love ya!

Donna said...

Mmmm~chocolate turtles!
Looks like you all had a great Valentine's Day. I liked your gift for Jason.
I'm curious about the great date experiment...I'm going to go check out that website now.

KatieB. said...

That's a great gift and it's quite masculine! Good job :) On a different note, I continue to think you're a role model for strength and faith.

Nicole said...

LOL!!! I did the same thing with m y chocolates!!! Great idea on the key right too!

Summer said...

What a great gift you bought Jason! The chocolates look yummy!! Don't feel bad Greg bought me my fav Jelly Belly's from Candy Craze....I only like certain flavors....and girly they are um almost gone....and I don't have an excuse LOL....

Glad you had a great V-Day!!

Have A Happy Tuesday
Summer :0)

Kimberly said...

I love pecan turtles. They are my favorite. My box would look like yours!

Sara said...

I love the present you got Jason. How sweet!

I was wondering how you and Jason ended up in NWA? I know most people end up here because they go to college here, but if I read right you did not go to college here.

Hope you have a great week.

Thomas and Jamie said...

Okay - I've printed off the directions for the first date, but it hasn't happened yet. Oh well, when it does, the directions are sitting in my nightstand folded and ready to go!!

Jill said...

The keychain was a great gift...so sweet. I love that your tiny-self ate almost an entire box of chocolates...you go, girl!! :)

Kimberley said...

the keychain was a perfect idea / gift! i enjoy your posts and i continue to uplift your sweet family.

Run26.2Mom said...

I can't wait to read about the Great Date Experiment. Hmmm...sounds exactly what we may need after 17 years of marriage. It seems meaningful talk is one of the things lost in daily life when little ones are around. It is replaced with other meaningful things but you just start to miss your best friend sometimes.

Chocolate Turtles, yummy! I don't have an excuse but I would have been right there with you eating away!

Peace.
Susan

Angie said...

Too funny!! Those turtle chocolates look so good!

Hope your doing wonderfully my dear!!

Love ya & have a great evening :)

Beth Priest said...

Glad yall had a good Valentine's Day!! Picked up some colored bath tabs at Target today, thought of you!

3LittleByrds said...

What a great gift for Jason and I love turtles too. So yummy. Glad you enjoyed your date night.

Kelly said...

Turtles, my favorite. Glad to see you enjoyed yours!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a perfect Valentine's gift... that keychain is beautiful! And the chocolates... you can never go wrong with chocolates! :)

Fabiola said...

Such wonderful gifts.
In Brazil, Valentine's are only in June. The focus is a little bit different. It is much more a Man and woman love, instead of love pure and simple ; )

Alison said...

I'm just catching up on the blogs. 6 months already??? WOW! I still think of you ALL the time and how amazing you continue to carry yourself. I'm hopeful and excited about this new little member of your family. Please keep us posted with any news.

Amy Prikazsky said...

At first, I thought he had gotten a new car for V-Day! Haha. Love the keychain!

Lauren said...

That key chain is precious!!! Perfect gift :)

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved