Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

Bring on the Christmas season! The lights, carols, bundling up by a fire, hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies, giving gifts, receiving gifts, parties, traditions, reliving memories. Remembering the Greatest Gift of all. Don't you just love it?

I know the holidays can also be difficult as we think about people we've lost and wish were still with us on earth. I hope all of you can find hope this season with Jesus no matter what you've been through in your life!

Last night we went to get our Christmas tree. Jason and I have always bought a live tree. We love going to pick one out and the fresh pine smell in our house. The only bad thing is all the pine needles on the floor!


Jason & Zach with our tree on the roof


My parents gave Zach this advent tree for his birthday. Isn't it the cutest thing!? My sister Mandy discovered it. I love it! It's so big I'm having a hard time figuring out where I can put it in my house. When Z is older, I will fill it with candy so he can eat a piece each day it gets closer to Christmas!


I love our stockings! My mom said I should go ahead and buy other ones like Zach's for "other children" we may have, but I'm just not there yet! Ha!


A few Christmas decorations in my kitchen

Tonight our goal is decorating the tree. Z hasn't even noticed it, so I hope it stays that way!

8 comments:

Mandy said...

I love the advent calendar. I hung mine on my wall...will take a pic. Love the real tree....ahhhh...miss having a real one! Can't wait to see you!

Mer said...

Your mom is RIGHT!!!! Go ahead and BUY them...like 5 more maybe??? We hung our calendar today....right in the kitchen in the middle of everything. The girls LOVE it!

Candy Johnson said...

I love the stockings!

Kelly said...

Your house looks great and I LOVE that advent calendar! I would love to find one like that! Do you know where she got it?

Kelly said...

P.S. I bought 2 stockings for our kids about 2-3 years ago. I just have to have Harper's name monogrammed now and we'll just wait and see if we use the other one!

Kelly said...

I like the idea of buying additional stocking so they match. You never know.
Love the advent calendar. Great idea about the candy for when he is older.
Can not wait to see a pic of your finished tree.

walkers said...

ahhhh- My mom and I made that calendar. we saw the one in pottery barn catalog and said we could make it, and we did! i am posting pictures this week, stay tuned! your house looks amazing, love you!

Unknown said...

I love the calendar. And your stocking are so cute love them!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved