Wednesday, February 20, 2013

March for Babies

 Some of you like me have heard about March of Dimes, a national non-profit organization that supports moms and babies. Their motto is "Working Together for Stronger, Healthier Babies". 

Ashley is a team leader at Woman's Hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and she is putting a team together to walk in remembrance of Reese. She works for the Director of Nursing Admin. and also assists the Chief Nursing Officer. We've never met, but she has been touched by Reese's sweet little life. When Ashley asked for permission to walk in her honor of course I said "Yes!" 

I am very touched by her sensitivity yet boldness to take on such a great responsibility. I'm happy to support her and just put her team out there for anyone who has a heart for this organization and its mission.

Her team name is "Steppin' Up for Babies," and they will be participating April 27th in the March for Babies. The link for her team and other information is HERE

The money raised supports programs within communities that help moms have healthy, full-term pregnancies. It also funds research to find answers to the problems that threaten babies. All of the proceeds will go to March of Dimes.
Team tennis begins tonight! This is how I feel about my first match because I'm playing singles. ; ) Ha.

Have a great Wednesday!

And GOD shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying...

Revelation 21:4




1 comment:

Ashley said...

Katie-
Thank you so much for blogging this information for me and for supporting me on this although we've never met. I know that Reece Katherine will be shining down on us as we walk. Again, thank you so much!

Your sister in Christ,


Ashley

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved