Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day was wonderful. I didn't know how it would be for me this year, but I knew having Colson in my arms would be just what I needed! I wasn't as nervous as I was last week, either. ; ) I was sweating a bit, but no one could tell. Ha!

Thank you so so much for your prayers. I am amazed. I felt them all day long. ; )
We were a little worried about how Z would do standing in front of everyone, but he did a great job. Later he asked me why we didn't dedicate Colson in "his" church. Sweet thing.
A few funny things I definitely want to remember...

Z did not want to wear his shoes, so he walked across the stage barefoot. Nice. This was not a battle we wanted to fight that morning. ; )

Minutes before we were to walk on the stage, Jason went to grab a sucker out of my purse in case we needed to "encourage" Z to behave. While he was gone, I suddenly felt this warm liquid dripping down my arm. Colson had spit up all over his shirt, my arm, and the floor. Thankfully a friend ran to the bathroom with both boys and me to clean up.
Just as we walked off the stage, Z turns around and yells, "BYE, G-DADDY!" You just have to laugh sometimes.


Our pastor encouraged us from Deuteronomy 6:6-9. These verses are about impressing GOD's Word on our children's hearts throughout each day.

Jason's side of the fam
I love being a part of this family. ; )
Plus my mom
We missed you, Dad!
Just a few desserts for our amazing moms
Delicious!

Thanks also for your advice about Zach's hair. ; )


O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man who trusts in You!


Psalm 84:12

16 comments:

Hillary said...

What great pictures of ya'll standing up on the stage!

Soo glad that you had such a good mother's day!

Samantha said...

I have never commented, but have been following your blog for 2 years now. I check it everyday. I have three children and have never experienced lose like you have, however, you encourage me to be a better mom. Thank you for sharing your life!! Hope you had a wonderful mothers day!!

Wendy said...

Love your dress!! Cute pictures!

tiffany said...

So thankful you had a good day - much deserved. LOVE the dress. Where did you find such a gem?!

walkers said...

you are stunning! love you so, a

ashley said...

You look beautiful! I'm loving "shoeless Z" Wish I had been there to taste some of those chocolate covered strawberries. Glad it was a wonderful Mother's Day!

Tiff said...

Your dress is so cute! I love it! So jealous of your strawberries! Yummy!

Melanie Mueller said...

SO glad you had a good day! You deserve it!!
I love the dress you wore!! You looked beautiful!! Great pictures of a special time in your family's life!!

Linds said...

I LOVE Colson's hair. Seriously, LOVE. And I also love your dress! You are a stunning mom of 3 :)

Kelley said...

I don't have to tell you how much I love that you have this post to post, do I? He is kind and gracious and good and true and faithful and loves you so so much and covers your heart with both hope eternal and joy in the present! What beautiful pictures and sweet sweet memories.
Love you.

Dianna said...

I love that he went barefoot! Hilarious and a great memory. I absolutely love your dress. You look gorgeous!

J said...

Hahaha. We dedicated jack at 3 mos, and he was a reflux baby.....ALL down my skirt went the spit up. I was in the bathroom, standing under the dryers. I wouldn't be a baby dedication without that stuff! You guys are a good-looking family!

Diane said...

Your dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad the dedication went well.

m&msmommy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL family! I have no doubt Reese was there too, smiling away! :)

I LOVE your dress!!!

Christy said...

Great pictures! We dedicated Parker on Sunday as well and right before we entered the service, I flet something warm. He had spit up all over my arm and it was running down my dress. My husband had to make a mad dash to the restroom to get some tissue paper. I wanted to also let you know that I enjoy your blog so much. Your such an inspiration.

hi-d said...

First off...you look amazingly beautiful...love your dress!

So sweet. I just love seeing pictures of your family...

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved