Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our Day

Yesterday was a big day for us. Zach had his first ever dentist appointment, I had my amnio, and I was so prepared to share that today would be Colson's birthday.

Zach and I left early to get to his appointment on time. This sight always makes me smile as I leave our house.

I tried to get Z excited about his appointment, but he was so tired. He usually sleeps until eight or later, but since we had to be there at eight he was up early.
It didn't take him long to warm up.
Still a bit in a daze...doesn't he look pitiful?
I had to stand outside the door while the hygienist took pictures of his teeth.
I was so proud of him! He brushed the monkey's teeth,
learned all about the dental instruments, and let the dentist do an exam. Then being the strict mom I am, I let him have a treat when we left...donut holes! I know, shame on me. I promise it's not a habit. ; )
Jason took this before my amnio. I'm trying to be a big girl, but I was really nervous and trying to explain to him that his job was to try to get my mind off of what was about to happen. I talked to my Dad before my appointment, and he said, "Don't worry, it won't hurt me a bit." Haha. Thanks, dad. ; )

The amnio went perfectly. We saw both Colson and the needle the entire time from the ultrasound. So thankful it wasn't bad at all! They did a non-stress test on Colson afterwards, and he responded well and is looking great.

My doctor called me a few hours later to say that his lungs were not ready. I was surprised but had tried to prepare myself for him arriving next week, too. Sigh. I really am fine but could completely break down about this if I thought about it too much. I can't imagine being more ready to meet our new little son!

Surely I have learned the lesson by now that I am not "at all never has been never will be" in control, but I guess I need another week. Or maybe a lifetime. ; ) GOD is good, and He has been so faithful to show Himself mightily in the details of my life that have nothing to do with Reese or Colson. He alone knows the perfect time for Colson to be born, and I trust Him completely.

So we know Colson will be here soon. Now I have more time alone with Zach and Jason, more time to rest, more time to get ready, more time to organize, more time to go crazy...ha!


The LORD is the One who will go before you. He will be with you...

Deuteronomy 31:8

22 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a day of mixed emotions! Zach does look so BIG at the dentist. I am sorry Colson is not ready. My cousin told me when I was pregnant with Evie and so ready for her to be here - to remember that they are easier in than out. It made me so mad then but now I know she is right! HA! As you know, being a mom changes everything. Enjoy these last few days of being a mom to two children - soon you will have one more bundle of joy and I know you can hardly wait to meet him. Can't wait to see pictures. You look gorgeous!

Todd and Courtney said...

I love the new pictures of Zach at the dentist. I'm thinking Lauren would freak out if anyone got close with instruments :) I'm so excited for you and can not wait to see beautiful of baby Colson! Praying for you daily Katie!

Donna said...

Hi, Katie,

Whew! Busy, busy day! Sounds like Zach had a good experience at the dentist's office.

Praying for you every day, sweet Katie! You are such a blessing and encouragement to me!

P.S. You look beautiful! :)

Lauren said...

Just another reminder that God’s timing is always perfect!!! And he knew when Colson would be born even before he was in that tummy of yours! :) Love you sweet friend!!

Brittany said...

What a big boy at the dentist. Not sure how my little guy will act when that day comes (soon)!

Good luck to you and I hope you are able to relax and rest before your newest little man gets here!

Mallory said...

Answered prayers for a great appointment! For you and Zach both! :) I'll be praying for Colson's little lungs to develop and for you to go when "you are both ready!"

Linds said...

What a whirlwind! We are praying for yall, and for little Colson.

Becky said...

Zach is beginning to look like a little man! He is so cute! His mama is looking very pretty as well. Enjoy the last few days before Colson arrives! The way I see it, you know exactly where he is - before you know it, he will be here and busy trying to keep up with his big brother!

Erin said...

try to relax and get some sleep inbetween all those crazy things you do before a baby comes.

How exciting.. counting down the days :)

Kathryn said...

I remember going through my amnio with Parker and them telling me his lungs were not ready. I burst into tears. I was 36 weeks, and SO afraid to go to 37 (when we lost Madison). But trust me, as hard as it is to wait, I'm so glad we did. He was born at 37 weeks and had to be in the NICU for 4 days because he still had trouble breathing. The more time he has to develop those little lungs, the better. I'm praying this next week will fly by for you, and soon you'll be holding that darling baby boy...

Love, Kathryn

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

Your little guy is so adorable, and was such a big boy! Just take it easy and before you know it that other little guy will be here. Best of luck. I am praying for your family.

Rebecca (Craving Simplicity) said...

I have been lurking for a while, but just wanted to say how excited I am for your new arrival! Praying for peace for you!

Unknown said...

Did you take Zach to a pediatric dentist? When are you supposed to start that?
And as always, you look beautiful. I know it had to be a bit disappointing to not meet Colson today, but the Lord has the perfect time for when he arrives. Love you.

Fabiola said...

WEW!!!! So many mixed feelings!!! But, the time will fly by and Colson will be here soon ; )

You are looking gorgeous!!!

Alison said...

hang in there Katie. He will be here soon!

Lauren said...

First of all, AMAZING that Zach sleeps 'til 8! I'm praying for you guys this week as you are ushered into some forced patience. =) Can't wait to see your blog post with pix of sweet Colson! =)

Mandy said...

Z looks so calm!! HA! I can't wait to see him! I miss that boy!!!!!

Christi said...

Love the pictures. Thinking of you. Praying for you daily. The waiting is so hard because it allows time to think, to wonder...so when you start to feel that way...talk to a friend, read a book, read the Bible.

I'm so excited that next week Colson will join your family on the outside but for now the little dude wants to continue to snuggle you from the inside.

I remember being so ready to have my first little girl on the outside...to know that she was okay, to praise the Lord for her safe arrival after a couple of trying/emotional years. She pretended like she wanted to come early. She made us think she was going to come too early. There were a couple of scheduled birthdays for her...but God reminded us (like you) that He's in control and had her birthday picked out. She arrived on the first anniversary of 9/11 and so many told us that it was a sad birthday. God showed me that there are blessings in all days. And when she came out, I was so overjoyed to have her on the outside...to touch her, to see her, to know that she was okay...but I missed her on the inside because I didn't have to share her.

Sorry for rambling and sharing my story. I know it's not easy waiting. I think of your family and you all the time.

The Smith Family said...

I have been reading your blog for awhile now. since Kelly had a link to it to pray for you and sweet reese. Which I still do daily.

I wanted to tell you that I also had an amnio done to see if Davis was ready to come out. I was in the hospital on 24 hour monitors bc Davis's cord was wrapped around his neck three times tightly. I was all excited and got my hopes up thinking we would have our sweet baby that day. well it came back that he wasnt ready. I was so dissapointed that I put a sign on my door that said no visitors. Its so hard when you get your hopes up! Just wanted to say Hang in there! Look forward to seeing pictures of Colson

Leslie said...

Praying for you sweet Katie!! I can't wait to hear the big news from Mandy!! Enjoy your weekend together and get some rest!!

Rebekah said...

Katie, I love your trees as a constant reminder that Reese is with you. I have been wanting to do that in memory of Flint's mom, but I guess I never did since I did not feel like we would be in Waco forever. Now that we are back, I think I am going to do it and I think Crepe Myrtles might be the perfect tree. I think they are so beautiful!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved