Monday, July 5, 2010

Fourth & Fireworks

What a wonderful weekend we had at home spending time with friends and celebrating the 4th of July!

Our worship service Sunday morning was amazing as we honored men and women in all branches of the military. I loved putting my hand over my heart and saying the Pledge of Allegiance, too. I hadn't done this in a long time.

Jason and I also did a lot getting ready for Colson. Bringing home a new baby can make you do the funniest things. We cleaned out the fireplace, vaccumed under the couch and couch cushions, and I've been organizing our garage shelves. Ha! I know Colson will care less, but at least I'll feel better, right?

It's been fun getting out all of the baby equipment, too. I didn't have a chance to do this before Reese was born since she came early so it's nice to be doing it again. I really can't believe within eleven months I will have had two babies. I'm so thankful my body has been able to handle it.

Saturday we went to the lake with some sweet friends.

Ross, Norah & Kate
Abby, Ava & Mark
Us
Zach's a little antsy to get into the water...I'm trying to teach him contentment. ; )
Zach and Jason tubing
Z and Norah floating around in the tubes
It did rain on us part of the time but we were fortunate to find an empty dock slip to wait it out. Zach jumped off the back of the boat by himself while we were waiting. He's never done this before, and we're so proud of him. It's a big step! ; )

Sunday night we went with some friends to our church's Fireworks at the Crosses. Zach and I had never been, and we loved every second. He did get a little scared during the show, but he'll be talking about it all week. ; )
Weston, Cody & Shannon
Weston was perfect! He just chilled out the whole time.
Our little fam
Stacy with her twins Payton & Parker, Kellen & Jill, Sarah & Owen
Ava & me ~ She is the sweetest thing and smiles all the time. Zach likes to say, "Ava, watch me!" before he does a trick. He's already trying to impress the ladies. Not sure what I think about that!
Abby, Ava & Mark
Waiting for the fireworks...
Z nestled in Shannon's lap most of the fireworks' display. He tried mine, but I guess he didn't have enough room. ; )


Wednesday is the big day for my amnio. I plan to squeeze Jason's hand TIGHTLY when my doctor is putting the needle into my belly. I've definitely been through worse things, but still the anticipation of it all...I'll let you know after we hear the results that afternoon. ; ) Thank you for your faithful prayers!


And remember, I am with you always...

Matthew 28:20


28 comments:

Mandy said...

Great pics!! Love them all and you still look amazing!! It doesn't even look hot there!! : )

Shannon said...

Way to go Zach! That's so exciting!

I'm laughing at your comment on my post!

Becky said...

That desire to clean is called 'nesting' :) getting ready for your new little chick!

You look great. It is fun to see how much Zach loves the water. He is like a little brown fish!

Truly, your family is beautiful - including Reese.

Rachel said...

That pic of Z in Shannon's lap cracks me up!! Little Colson must've hogged you all to himself :-)

Lauren said...

What a great weekend and love ALL the pics!!! :)

Mommarazzi said...

I LOVE nesting! I have been pregnant 2 of the last 3 summers and I nested the whole summer! It is funny how you do such random things.
Good luck Wednesday...will be praying for you!

Candy Johnson said...

We are jealous of your "lake" buddies! Can't wait 'til we can join in! Zach jumping off the boat sounds like something Kohen would do. They'll be great buds, in trouble all the time, but great buddies! Crossing our fingers for Wednesday, and tell Jason to send Kyle a text or call.

Christa said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful 4th of July! Good luck on Wednesday...praying for you.

Nicole said...

I just started ready your blog. Your family is beautiful. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Big hugs.

Oh and great pictures!

Todd and Courtney said...

I love the new pictures! You'll be great on Wednesday. I'll be thinking about ya!

ashley said...

Looks like a fun weekend with friends and your sweet family. We enjoyed ourselves here too. You'll be covered in prayers on Wed. - I'll call soon so we can hopefully talk before Thursday. Love you friend and laughing at all the "nesting" that's going on over there!

Mer said...

Love that pic of Shannon and Z!!!! PRAYING for YALL!!! love you much!

Linds said...

we'll be praying for the amnio-- just don't look at the needle :) I can't wait to see pictures of Colson!

Amy said...

The picture of Zach with you and Jason at the fireworks is probably one of the cutest! He looks like he stopped in the middle of playing HARD just to get a quick picture in - he is such a doll! Your boys are just gonna be the best of friends!! And....if you weren't so sweet, i'd probably hate you - ha! you look way too good to be pregnant!! where is your swelling? where is your sweat? no fair!!! :)
praying for you and for little colson as you have a big week coming up!!

Fabiola said...

Precious pics of such a meaningful holiday!!

Next year you will have two little guys to enjoy with!!!

Sara said...

So glad you had a great weekend. I will be praying for great results Wednesday.

Hester 5 said...

I can't wait to hear about what happens Wednesday. I feel like I have been through this pregnancy with you! I cannot wait to see this little one's face. He will be gorgeous and such a precious addition to you four! Much love!

hkyra said...

I'll be praying for you about the amnio. I had one with my daughter, Lillian, 4 days before I had her by c-section. I'm anxiously awaiting the news of Colson's birth!

-Kyra Hill-

Rebekah said...

Such a fun weekend!!! I have been thinking about you lots. I will be praying this week!

Sarah said...

Thinking and praying for you and Colson! Praying for a safe and BEAUTIFUL delivery! I can't wait to see pictures of him and beautiful you!!! Keep us posted when you can!
Big Hugs,
Sarah A.

hi-d said...

Looks like you had a great weekend! Oh, Katie...I am soooo excited for you. I'll be praying hard. :)

Gail said...

Continuing to pray for you and your family. Looks like you had a great weekend!

Jill said...

I love all of these pics! Zach is so stinkin' cute - just like his parents! :)

Praying for you tomorrow!!

sara lindsey said...

praying for a quick, painless procedure tomorrow, katie! xo

Kelly said...

I will be praying for you in the morning. (Wed) Waiting the great report!

Donna said...

I'm praying for you today, Katie! (and Jason!)

Hopsy said...

Thinking of you all today and sending prayers up for you!

KatieB. said...

Thinking about you and sending prayers your way for tomorrow.

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved