The first part of our weekend was wonderful, but yesterday afternoon Jason and Zach got sick. ; ( Thankfully they are feeling much better but stayed home from church this morning. Colson and I went to church and took breakfast for our small group. Each couple in our class rotates, and it was our turn.
I made a new recipe for cinnamon rolls. It's so easy! A neighbor gave me the recipe, and I have no idea what the real name is. I call them upside down cinnamon rolls.
Just in case you want to try something extra sweet this week...
You will need ~
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup vanilla ice cream
1 pkg. Rhodes frozen cinnamon rolls (don't use the icing)
3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
*I used Pillsbury frozen cinnamon rolls and did not use pecans.
1. Grease 9 x 13 pan and put pecans in bottom.
2. Lay frozen rolls in pan on top of pecans.
3. Boil other ingredients for one minute, pour over frozen rolls.
Above is my #3
4. Place pan in oven, let sit overnight.
This sounds crazy, I know! This is what mine looked like this morning.
5. Next morning, bake at 350 for approximately 30 minutes (until the tops are slightly brown). Leave rolls in oven during preheat. Turn upside down and place in different pan.
They have a very strong maple taste which is different from a lot of cinnamon rolls, but I love them!
My little tan heartbreaker
Jason and I laugh because we think Colson's skin is so white compared to ours! No one seems to agree with us though. ; )
My arms are full. Full of boys. Full of chaos. Full of love and joy.
For this is what the LORD says: "I will extend peace to her like a river..."