Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I love Easter. I love what it stands for. Who we celebrate. I love that it's in the spring. It represents life. Fresh and new. Hope. I love spending time with family and friends. I love dressing up our boys in their new outfits. Easter egg hunts. I love we serve a GOD who is alive. He is real! He loves us. He came to earth to live as a man because of us. He gives us a reason to live. A reason to trust. A reason to rejoice.

Before the big helicopter egg drop

the boys with Pappy & Bunny

Zach looks so little!

holding a little chick

one of my besties Jenny
Her husband organized the helicopter drop and did a fabulous job. Thanks again, Todd!

the drop

Thousands of eggs!
Z wanted to open each one, so I tried explaining that we have to hurry so he can get a lot of eggs. ; )

Westin and Z looking at their loot

W & Cody

Colson & Gran
A highlight of my weekend was meeting Sadie. She is 1 1/2 weeks old and the sweetest thing. So tiny! Hillary is a great mom, and I'm very excited for her.

We went to the Easter service Saturday night. It was a special time of worship with our families.

Fam pic

My parents and us
We missed you Mandy, Mere, and families!!

Z with his great grands
Easter buckets
Yes, Colson's bucket is bigger than Zach's. That's a whole other post. ; )
Another hunt at Gigi & Papa's Sunday afternoon

I LOVED Colson's jon jon. It's reversible with a sailboat on the other side.

Our precious boys

Z likes to hug Colson's head. Too funny!

Sweet cousins

Squeezin' together
Colson and Westin playing

Happy boy

This bunny is one of Zach's crafts from school I don't want to forget. It makes me smile. ; )

Hope ya'll had a wonderful Easter!

"Why are you looking for the living among the dead?" asked the men. "He is not here, but He has been resurrected!"
Luke 24:5-6

24 comments:

Maryellen said...

What great photos . . . all the boys are so sweet. Zack is so good with the little ones . . .
that is until the head squeeze photo I hah Wonder what Colson was thinking? hah
Glad you had a blessed Easter

Hillary said...

I love all the pictures of the boys together (especially the head-squeeze one :)!

So glad that you were able to be with your family on such a beautiful holiday!

Happy belated Easter!

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Looks like Easter was a hit! Love the kiddos Easter baskets...very cute and colorful!

You have such a beautiful family. :o)

Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

Erica said...

Your boys are so precious! I know that sweet Reese was smiling up in Heaven seeing her little Easter basket! LOVE your dress! Where did you find it?

Erin said...

cute.. love the Easter buckets and all the pictures?

Miranda said...

You have such a beautiful family! :-) I'm glad your Easter was wonderful - your little ones are so cute in their Easter outfits and doing their egg hunts! The little (and Big - ha!) Easter buckets are ADORABLE! Reese's is my favorite :-)

Have a great week!

Leanne said...

Katie, everyone looks so great and it looks like a great time was had by all in your neck of the woods!

You know, the Bible says that even in laughter the heart aches. I'm not sure where that verse is, but it echoes in my heart all the time, and it's so true. I find myself so happy and so joyful and yet, at the very same time, I cry and feel so sad too! But you're right, God never leaves us or forsakes us, and even when we awake in the morning, He is still there! (Psalm 139:18) That comforts me even in my deepest tears.

Thank you for being so real and sharing your heart. It's so encouraging! Take care!

Joelle said...

such a sweet Easter post.. I love your dress ... would you share where you got it?

joelle1026@yahoo.com
themalenicfam.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

What precious boys Katie! Jon jons are my all time favorite thing to put Parker in when it's warm outside! :). I loved seeing Reese's little Easter bucket, so cute and small among her brother's big buckets! :). I look forward to seeing you this summer, it will be here before we know it!! Love you!

Hester 5 said...

Happy Easter my precious friend! :) LOVES!

Melanie Mueller said...

Looks like you Easter was full and fabulous! Your boys looked ADORABLE in their cute outfits. You looked so beautiful too!!!! You guys belong in a magazine--such a good looking family!!

Linds said...

that bunny that Z made is so cute!

I love seeing your kid's Easter basket. I need to get my game on and actually make some custom baskets. We're still rockin' the Walmart specials... haha!

Meg said...

Beautiful family and I love that Z wanted to open up each egg!!! (So did my son.)

Mer said...

Love all the pics! Missed you!

Katie said...

Beautiful Easter pics!

hi-d said...

What a gorgeous, sweet family you have...immediate & extended! :)

Lauren said...

Precious pictures!!!!!

Anna & Kirby said...

Great photos! I love the one of Z hugging Colson's head... I'm sure he's feelin' the love! ;)

Shannon said...

Great pics!!!

Mandy said...

I love all the pictures, but the one of Z putting his arms around C and W is the BEST! So funny.

We missed being with you guys for Easter too. One day!!

Carolina Girl said...

Great pics. Great family time. And a Great God.

The Mama said...

I had no idea you were at the egg drop!! To think we were both there and I didn't get to meet you, that makes me a little sad!!!

Wonderful pictures!!

Em said...

How did they keep the eggs from bursting open when they hit the ground?

Happiness Is... said...

I love the idea of a reversible jon jon! Where did you find it?

And, an Easter Egg Helicopter drop is about the coolest thing I've heard of! So fun!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved