Friday, March 28, 2008

Friends and a Snake

Whew!!! What a week! I am just now sitting down to complete my Easter weekend...

Saturday one of my lifelong friends Suzanne brought lunch to my parents' house for Laura and me. Yum! She cuddled with Zach, and he loved it! They are both cuddlers at heart. I have known Suzanne for about 22 years, and she knows me to the core. She is one of the most encouraging people I know.

I became close friends with Laura in junior high. She is the level headed one in our friendship! My sis used to say we shared a brain because we were constantly calling each other about random silly things. Laura is so faithful! Suzanne, Laura, and I all lived within a half a mile of each other in high school. These girls will always be SO close to my heart.

Zach goes green in his outfit that Jason bought him. It's organic and earth friendly! What a dad!

Ok, so here is the story about the snake. We have this crazy thing in our family that has become kind of a tradition in a very strange way. While I was growing up, my dad would put random things in my room or somewhere in the house where he knew I would find it. Just to be silly. Well, we still do this today. The snake actually came from Jason's grandmother when she was trying to scare us one time. SO...this past weekend I put this snake in my parents bed. My dad is terrified of snakes, so I thought this would be hilarious. He's a good sport, right? It probably would have been but something else about my dad is that his sleep is precious to him. He went to bed late this night because we watched the basketball games, so the snake and late hour did not go well together. I think the neighbors heard him yell. Sorry, Dad, but Jason and I are still laughing. It was great! I know he'll get me back somehow when I least expect it...

8 comments:

walkers said...

I can picture you in my mind getting so giddy about this. remember that time I scared you at the center hiding in the closet? I am laughing so hard thinking about it. love you!

ashley said...

That's hilarious!! Reminds me of something you and I used to hide from each other in college. :) Girl, I'm ready for some quality time with you - it couldn't get here any sooner!

Hillary said...

That's funny about the snake! I love it!

Kelly said...

That is so funny! That snake looks so real - it almost scared me!

Shannon said...

I had the chance to meet Suzanne several months ago and she is the sweetest!!!
The snake is too funny!

Shannon said...

That picture of Zach with his little smile is so cute.

The Bunch Fam! said...

This is truly hilarious.
TB

Megan said...

Hi Katie, it's Megan, Suzanne's cousin. We've met a few times. I've even been to your parents house for her wedding/lingerie shower. Glad to find your blog thru Hillary. Your son is a doll. Thanks for posting Suzanne's picture. She just called me earlier tonight. Isn't she wonderful!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved