Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Fun and Random Craziness

I hope everyone had a great weekend! Praise the LORD for all these healthy babies being born. SO many of my friends have had babies in the last two weeks.

Jason's parents came up to celebrate Andy's birthday, and of course, to see Zach, I mean, all of their kids and me!

How many balls can I hold!?

This is Zach waiting for his Gran and G-Daddy. He can't wait to throw balls at them. It's a good sign. He does this if he likes you!

Andy, G-Daddy, Jason, and Cody
Andy had an ice cream birthday cake. My FAVORITE!

Sunday night Jason and I served as host/hostess for a church dinner. We had a wonderful time, and Zach had a great time playing with Shannon.

I am feeling SO much better. I'm so thankful! I'm 16 weeks pregnant, and I can't wait to find out what we're having. If we find out we're having a girl, I'm going to go buy so many headbands with flowers and bows!
So, I never used to believe in the "pregnancy brain" that everyone talks about. I thought it was just some silly excuse pregnant women used to get away with forgetting obvious things...UNTIL I got pregnant with Zach. It's real, and I lived it! I'm now a full believer. It hasn't gotten bad yet this time around, but what is driving me crazy is how I constantly leave things of Zach's EVERYWHERE I go! Right now I have containers of his at two different churches and a sippy cup at a friend's house. Is this normal? It makes me crazy not having these things in my possession, but at least I know I'll get them back eventually!
Today Zach and I are sad (boo hoo!) because we were supposed to go play with my sis-in-law Meredith and three of Zach's cousins (Allie, Mary, and Garrett). They are visiting a friend who lives only 45 minutes away from us. Two of the cousins woke up with colds, and I just couldn't risk Zach getting sick. So close and yet so far away!
We are going to try to make the best of it, though. It just wasn't meant to be. We miss you guys!


3 comments:

Shelly, OTA in training said...

Oh, I got pregnancy brain bad! Hate to tell you, but the leaving things may only get worse when you have another child. Just make it out with the kids and you have achieved success :) I had to ban myself temporarily from buying any more hats, bows or headbands! They are too cute. Ebay is a great place to buy them though.

3LittleByrds said...

Katie, I totally had pregnancy brain with all mine as well and it drove me crazy. So glad your getting over the sickness and feeling better. Girls are so fun to buy for and I have so many bows and bands its crazy. I've gotten where I just have to walk away sometimes. Its addicting. Oh, you asked about my plate. I got a easel for it and plan on putting it in my kitchen probably on my shelf. Not completely sure yet.

Mer said...

The more you have....the longer the pregnancy brain effects last. Unfortunately....I have not regained my pre prego status. So that is my excuse!

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved