Thursday, August 21, 2014

Reese's 5th Birthday, the Beach & Goodbye Summer

Hello! I've missed being here! I have no idea how I actually had more time to blog when the boys were younger...maybe because they actually napped or slowed down during the day. Ha! Not anymore. ; ) And I love it this way. Time is going by crazy fast, and I don't want to miss out on one second of their lives.

I do hope to get more consistent with blogging while they are in school. Sigh. It's just too easy to post on IG. ; )

Summer went out with a bang with a trip to the beach. I've never been gone on an anniversary of Reese's birthday and the day she went to Heaven so I really didn't know how I would be. My home is really my "safe place," and it's where all things familiar with Reese are. I was just thankful I would be with family.

We had a peaceful week, and I definitely felt everyone's prayers!
   
We released balloons the night before Reese's birthday. This has become a very special tradition at the beach. Five red balloons for her 5th birthday.
            
To celebrate Reese's birthday on August 11th we took the boys to the Gulfarium. They loved it! I'm not really sure what's going on in the second picture, but Colson's face makes me laugh. Zach is just smiling away!
 
Turquoise was the beach pic color this year. ; ) LOVE this color!
Is your heart just melting!? The sweetest.
It wasn't the same without the Davis family! Next year. ; )
We've squeezed all the fun we can out of summer! Goodbye carefree days and hello routine. ; )

Keep asking, and it will be given to you. Keep searching and you will find. Keep knocking and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:7

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Those beaches pictures warmed my heart, Katie!!!!!! Love you!! Xxxxx

Maureen said...

Love that reading from Matthew. I need something to put in a graduation card for my son, Matthew & this is spot on! Thank you for posting scripture readings.

Becky said...

What sweet pictures and memories. I cannot think of a better place to celebrate a birthday than at the beach.

Allison said...

Love the pictures. Your family is beautiful!

Lauren said...

Fantastic pictures! I love the balloon release tradition and I love how ridiculously tan your whole family is! ;) You said it perfectly…goodbye carefree days and hello routine. Monday morning starts our days of routine!

Dianna said...

I love the turquoise! These pictures make me want to start annual trips to the beach.

Wenni Donna said...

I am really delighted to see your wonderful family and the great time you all spent together. I also want to plan a family get-to gather for my family and for that I am planning to hire small but best Los Angeles event venues. Do you think it is a good idea?

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved