Saturday, July 12, 2014

Deer Valley 2014

The 60th summer of Deer Valley Ranch (and our 9th year to go) was amazing. I thought about posting our trip pics over the course of a few days, but I decided to jump all in so here we go!

After we landed in Buena Vista, Colorado, we had a few hours before we could check in our cabin. Jason found out about a paddle board demo day so we drove to the lake to try them out. We loved it!
Then we met up with everyone and the craziness began!

It's all about family. ; ) We sure have fun when we are together!
       
Feeding the chipmunks at St. Elmo
        
Both boys liked it but Cols was definitely more cautious. Zach tried to pick them up! So funny.
Eating popsicles
Square dance night!
The little guys weren't always old enough to go to the kids' activities, but that didn't stop them from creating their own good time. ; )
The softball game at the Wednesday cookout is always a favorite.
All the kids get so excited to play.
     
Little fishermen

Colson's first fish

Sledding

Playing at the ghost town

Kids' movie night

Hiking


Colson's first ride

Kids' hayride
Skit night with all the staff is one of my favorite things. I could say just about everything is my favorite. ; )
       
We always go down to the stables for some family pics. Zach wasn't interested in being near Cols at this point. ; ) You never know with pictures!
Can't wait to go back!

The Lord makes firm the steps of the one who delights in Him.

Psalm 37:23

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Great pics!! I love them all and love you!!

Maryellen said...

What a fun time and you can't get anymore beautiful surroundings.

Christina Marie said...

beautiful pictures & a beautiful family! <3

Rebecca said...

All of your pictures turned out so great & the surroundings are so beautiful! Your all family, 3 generation pic is so perfect, you'll treasure having that!

Happy remainder of summer to you, we only have 2 wks left here!

:) rebecca

Becky said...

You are making amazing memories! I love your family picture. Grandma and Grandpa must be so pleased with their heritage to be!

Christ follower.Wife.Mom.Disciple Maker.Floral Designer/Owner said...

Hey Katie!
I am so bummed I missed the chance to get to meet you. My husband's family own and run Deer Valley and then I was connected to you through my sister-in-law on my family's side (Lara Blocksom). Glad you had so much fun with your family at Deer Valley!
Blessings, Brenda

Unknown said...

Hi !!

Your blog is very beautiful ...

Go to my blog dédiced at my mascot "BALI-BALO" a rabbit who travel around the world .

http://lesaventuresdebalibalo.over-blog.com

Friendships from France ...

Nick Sorg

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved