Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Parties Parties

This week has been full of parties. ; )

Yesterday after Bible study everyone came to my house for lunch. We do this once a month and rotate houses. I'm glad I hosted the Christmas lunch because it motivated me to decorate a little. We wanted to put up a tree for Zach, too. Twelve women and thirteen kids...it was a wild time. We do hire babysitters though, so that is nice. I'm thankful it was a beautiful day so the kids were able to play outside, too.

A quiet moment for all the kids (sorry for the glare, I had to be quick!)

This morning Z and I went to a Happy Birthday, Jesus party at church. It was fun to watch everything they did for the kids. Z loved it. He kept himself occupied by saying, "Balloon balloon," pulling suckers out of everyone's goody bags, and dumping out a bin of little cars. ; ) Never a dull moment!
Zach & Norah eating their cupcakes.

Zach also loves suckers these days. I think he has his third one of the morning in his mouth. Just kidding! He was precious, and it's good for my heart to be around friends even when I don't feel like myself.


Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.

Isaiah 40:31

17 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks like FUN!!! Zach enjoyed his food!!

Emily V. said...

I just wanted you to know I think and pray for you often. I still can't imagine what you are going through but how you've kept your faith in God and embrassed what he has in store for you. You have a sweet family. So happy little Zach is having fun. He's such a doll.

Emily from Kentucky!
http://emilybryanbrooks.blogspot.com

Karen said...

Looks like lots of fun! Glad you are getting to be around friends during these "firsts". Still praying daily for you!

Thomas and Jamie said...

I'm so glad that you have friends who are as good to you as they are! I can't imagine walking on your journey, but I'm thankful that I can pray you through it!

jessica said...

love you girl! and yes friends are so important! i am always here...

MLP said...

A party can always do you some good! Saying prayers for you especially during the holidays.

Summer said...

Z is just precious!! I love the pic of you and him together, is is very good!!
I do believe this is the season for all parties.... Christmas, B-day etc. I sure have had my fair share for B-Day parties 8 towards the end of Nov and 3 more this mth....
Still praying for you!!
Summer :0)

Tristan said...

How fun! glad you were able to get out and enjoy your little guy!

Nicole Rodriguez said...

I love your mantle in the background of the first picture! The picture of Reese up there is beautiful! Still thinking of you and praying for you...

Sarah said...

I wish I could have been one of those babysitters;the kids are so cute! Its great to have such good church friends to be with! ♥

Jen said...

I still think about and pray for you often. I know the holidays are so tough. I love the pictures on your mantle. So sweet!

Emmy said...

Katie, I don't know you, but started reading your blog through Kelly's Korner, and my sister is Mary from Grasshopper Momma. The story of Mommy Katie and Daughter Reese has changed my life, especially because of your absolute devotion to The Lord. You have been constantly on my heart this fall. Who knows what The Lord is up to, but He has a strong warrior in you. God bless you and comfort your broken heart.

Lindsay said...

He's so precious! He really look like you and your hubby...great mixture of you both! :)

Tracy said...

Hi Katie. Looks like you guys have a great Church. I love the Happy Birthday, Jesus lunch for the kids. What a great idea. I have a "Sucker Fanatic" too. My littlest, Avery, finds suckers even when I think I have hidden them all! She must have a "stash". Have a good day and keep your sweet head up!

Lauren said...

Awww, so sweet!!! :)

Brittany said...

Looks like a good time! Glad you have those things in your life to try and help you through the difficult times!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! Oh my word, girl, you are the cutest thing! I linked over from Kelly's Korner - and I just had to leave a comment about how adorable your family is! I loved the little peek at your mantle in the first photo in this post...the photo arrangement on top is beautiful. :o)

Have a super lovely weekend, mama!

In His Joy,
Kelly

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved